Re: [squid-users] Zombie sockets getting created

From: Deepa D <deepndharma@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 05:28:32 +0100 (BST)

Hi,
   Thanks for the reply Henrik.
   I will try to explain the problem better :-
   Squid is running with our redirectors and the count
mentioned in the conf file is 5. It works fine for
quite sometime and later we notice that the number of
redirectors has increased to 64. When we run the
netstat -p command we notice that the PID/program name
   column for most of the redirectors is listed as
'-', implying that they are not associated with any
process.
After this squid fails to service any requests - no
error response is reported to the browser either but
all the requests are stuck. As we had disabled all
squid logging I am unable to give u any log related
info. I have enabled cache logging now though.
   Our redirector is a TCP client that connects to a
TCP server running locally and passes the url
information to it. The server inturn processes the url
and returns the response as to whether the url should
be serviced or not and this info is in turn handed
over to squid.
   Kindly elaborate on "redirector being broken". Plz
tell me what could be happening here.
   Plz help me understand the problem and find a
solution.
   Regards and TIA,
     Deepa