Re: [squid-users] Siblings with redirectors

From: <chris@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 23:01:28 -0400

On Thu, 07 Oct 2004, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> Indeed, and this is what the documetation says.

The documetation says a lot of gnomic things -- often with amphibolic
grammar. Like a horoscope, there always seems to be at least one
interpretation that turns out to be correct, as was indeed true in
this case.

Again, thanks for pointing out the importance of preventing siblings
from being redirected, and alerting me to redirector_access. That was
spot on.

My next puzzle is why the ICP timeout doesn't seem to adapt as seems
to be advertised -- a fixed 1000ms works far better for me than
letting it adapt, which seems to give me 100% TIMOUT_DIRECTs -- but I
see that there are some previous threads on this question that I will
now read. No doubt they will enlighten me on this point.

--
Chris Nadovich
http://www.nadovich.com/chris