Re: [squid-users] Patch Error

From: Thomas-Martin Seck <tmseck-lists@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 19:15:23 +0200

* Henrik Nordstrom (hno@squid-cache.org):

> On Thu, 7 Oct 2004, Schrodinger wrote:
>
> >Is this a known problem or am I overlooking something?? I have tried to
> >manually download the patch from
> >http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.5/bugs/squid-2.5.STABLE6-client_db_
> >gc.patch but it gives me a checksum mismatch for the patch when I try to
> >build it.
>
> The port was composed using an older broken version of the patch, and you
> need to update the checksums for the port build to complete or bug the
> ports maintainer to update the port.

I submitted an update request following this patch's latest update from
Oct 8, until this is fulfilled, delete this file, refetch and recreate
the distinfo file with 'make makesum'. The file's distinfo information
should read

MD5 (squid2.5/squid-2.5.STABLE6-client_db_gc.patch) = 772a2ed149b89a1addf70cd1dd5def3c
SIZE (squid2.5/squid-2.5.STABLE6-client_db_gc.patch) = 3828

Since I do not have commit privileges for the FreeBSD port repository,
updating the port's distinfo may take some time, so please bear with
me. To make matters worse every commit needs to be approved by the
FreeBSD port manager team because the repository is still frozen for the
upcoming FreeBSD 5.3 release.