Re: [squid-users] Adult context filtering help.

From: Adam Engel <adamengel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 12:27:59 -0400

At 12:51 PM 10/11/2004 -0300, Bartosz Jozwiak wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I am now to Squid and have couple of questions.
>
>We have local network which is connected to Internet using ADSL.
>I would like to set up Squid to block 18+ websites. Websites with sex and
>porn context.
>
>My question is: Can I do it with Squid? If yes can somebody give me some
>helpful links
>where I can find more information about it ?

Check out this site:

http://www.stearns.org/sa-blacklist/README.howtouse.html

Go to the bottom section where squid is described. Use the file
sa-blacklist.current.domains as a start. You can then monitor squid to see
if other sites are being accessed, and then you can add them to the list.

OR

You can deny every site, and make a list of allowed sites ( If your users
don't access a lot of sites )

>I would like to run Squid on the same server which does NAT and it is
>connected to ADSL.
>Is such a configuration ok ?
>
>Thank you in advance for any help.
>
>Bartosz Jozwiak