Re: [squid-users] spyware/adware blocking

From: Gaylord Van Brocklin <vanbrockling@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 09:47:25 -0700

What has your experience been with Ad Zapper?
How much more load does it add?
How comprehensive is the block list in Ad Zapper?

Again, I am most concerned with Spyware and Adware.

I will keep you updated... does anyone else have any other
recommendations?
I'd like to keep it simple, possibly something with a centrally
maintained blacklist, with minimal additional load on my squid box
(dual 2.8Ghz xeon, 4 gigs of ram, 50 gig cache, sustaining about
15-20Mb/s)

-gvb