[squid-users] Multiple http servers behind a single squid

From: Jim Nachlin <jim@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 12:29:56 -0400

Hi,

Sorry for so basic a question, but I'm trying to set up squid as an
httpd accelerator for several httpds running on different IP addresses.
  It should be possible, using some combination of

httpd_accel_host virtual
httpd_accel_single_host off

etc. I can't find any documentation on how to actually do this, or on
how the packets will be redirected. If my servers are now 1.2.3.4 and
1.2.3.5, will the machine hosting squid now have those addresses, or if
not, how will the requests from clients go to squid.

Obviously, I'm confused. Feel free to RTFM me, but just let me know
what M to RTF. Thanks in advance for your help.

Jim