Re: [squid-users] Plan to use diskd

From: Awie <awie@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 18:40:32 +0800

> > aufs is one of my choices to improve the performance. BTW, aufs is
different
> > from Async I/O, isn't it?
>
> aufs is the cache_dir driver in Squid-2.4 and later using the Async I/O
> layer for it's low level I/O operations. So in effect aufs == Async I/O.
>
> > Because I read that using Async I/O in Linux cause problem on log
rotation

> What problem, where?

Here it is; 19.3 Logfile rotation doesn't work with Async I/O
It is a know limitation when using Async I/O on Linux. The Linux Threads
package steals (uses internally) the SIGUSR1 signal that squid uses to
rotate logs.

In order to not disturb the threads package SIGUSR1 use is disabled in Squid
when threads is enabled on Linux.

Or, do I confuse to read FAQ?

Thx & Rgds,

Awie