[squid-users] How to forward the client IP from Netscape Proxy 3.5 to squid proxy???

From: Martin Altmann <martin.altmann@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 07:44:43 +0200

Hi,
we have a Netscape Proxy 3.5 up and running fine.
Recently we set up a squid and squid-guard - we are chaining the squid after
the Netscape Proxy (client->NS Proxy->squid->firewall) to keep the traffic low
(pages in the cache did not need to be checked again by squid-guard).
Everything is working fine except that we now should open some blocked pages
for some client IPs.
Therefore we either have to set up everything again and switch the NS Proxy and
squid (which would be the harder way) or enable the NS Proxy to pass the client
IPs.
We just enabled this feature in NS Proxy ("Client IP Address Forwarding") and
used the provided (default) header "Client-ip" but squid still uses the IP of
the NS Proxy (as far as we can see in the squid access-log) and therefore we
cannot enabled blocked pages for several IPs!
Any idea what we have to change to forward the client IP from the NS Proxy to
squid?

TIA,
Martin Altmann