Re: [squid-users] disabling request header's log

From: Muthukumar <kmuthu_gct@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 11:07:33 +0530

> Hi there. Recently, my Squid server are logging quite
> a number of "Max Request Header" logs in cache.log and
> /var/log/messages. I cant really remember all the logs
> as im not in front of the server when im typing this
> email. But it seems that users are requesting the HTTP
> headers/body larger than the default value, which is
> 10k. Is there any solution to disable those loggings?

If you are getting any problem then don't try to disable log informations. request_header_max_size will be with 10KB size. It is
good to keep that limit.

> By the way, how can i troubleshoot what exactly the
> users are up to? Are they trying to "attacking" the
> Squid server or it just some sort of stupid
> applications trying to make use of Squid?

Yes. They may be virus / malicious attacks there to squid server. Try to find which requests made and block those. IT is good to
keep some filter settings to avoid problem making web requests.

Collect filter blacklists then block them with acls / http rules there.

_muthu_

---
===============  It is a "Virus Free Mail" ===============