[squid-users] External_acl and negative_ttl (possible bug?)

From: Valdir Henrique Dias Leite <Valdir.leite@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 14:49:00 -0300

Hello!

We are developing another external_acl using mysql embedded to store rules
(users, time, days, profiles, url - with regular expressions -).

The helper receives %LOGIN and %DST to build and send a query to mysql isam
files, using libmysqld (performance issues).

Everything works fine, but sometimes, one must to reconfigure squid (./squid
-k reconfigure) in order to reflect changes made in database (add new URL,
remove an user from given profile, etc).

Running the helper itself, on shell, the result is OK (or ERR), but squid
seems to "cache" the last status and...

So, is it possible to have a bug in negative_ttl handling ? I´m not sure
about, but the helper works fine (after changes in tables), and squid do not
reflect those changes...

Environment:

Linux Conectiva Kernel 2.4.21

Squid Cache: Version 2.5.STABLE5
configure options: --enable-snmp --enable-auth=ntlm,basic
--enable-basic-auth-helpers=winbind --enable-ntlm-auth-helpers=winbind
--enable-external-acl-helpers=winbind_group

MySQL 4.0.18

GCC 3.2.2

Thanks in advance,

Valdir Leite