[squid-users] help setting up upstream proxy

From: <forums@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 22:25:58 +0200

Greetings list,
I have a problem that I have been battling with for almost a week now. The
problem is that my ISP has a proxy server that I would like to use as the
upstream proxy for squid. This proxy server does not support ICP, they also
don't have any intentions of setting it up that way.

I am using Squid 2.5 stable on NT (well Win2K3 SBS). I have put the following in
my squid.conf file:
cache_peer proxy.isp.net parent 3218 3130 no-query login=test:password

This does not seem to work because when I try and connect, my squid gives me an
access denied error. I know for sure that I am messing up with this line, but I
don't know where.

Please help guys, I am getting desperate. I will really appreciate any help on
this. I have checked the username and password for the upstream proxy and that
is OK. How can I fix this line to get it working?

Best regards
Ranger