Re: [squid-users] Help for forward lookup of IP

From: Muthukumar <kmuthu_gct@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 13:54:07 +0530

> not working dstdomain could please tell me in example

# ACL
acl abcdom dstdomain .abc.com - It will collect all urls from domain abc.com as *.abc.com
        < or >
acl abcdom dstdomain abc.com - It will collect domain access to abc.com.

# ACCESS RULE
http_access deny abccom

Note: Use http_access rule at appropriate place on squid.conf to avoid access problem.
You can learn more acl settings over,
http://squid.visolve.com/squid/squid24s1/access_controls.htm

>> > put IP address and access the site
>> > for example I have blocked www.abc.com by
>> url_regex
>> > but users can put IP of abc.com in browser and
>> they
>> > can easily access the site.

If you use url_regex, it will check exact pattern of url path there. It will not try to resolve domain name to IP-Address more. we
can avoid this by using dstdomain or dstdom_regex acls there.

Regards
Muthu.

---
===============  It is a "Virus Free Mail" ===============