[squid-users] scaled Squid Cache

From: BusyBoy <busyboy@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 12:44:20 +0500

Hello,

I have IBM x-series 345 System for Caching and it's working
abnormally,, mostly getting error of file descriptions and others like
"maximum_request_header_size".

I am using RHEL update 3 and I need to configure a new server for
Squid cache that would do at the best performance.

Server SPECS are.

1 2.4 GHz processor,
1GB RAM,
3 SCSI HDD's in RAID 18GB each.

Requirement:

Will work as an ISP Cache for about 500 Users:

..

My Suggesstion:

I am thinking about installing the standard RPM bundled with RHEL CD's
and then re-cehck configuration parameter.

I can also re-compile the src RPM Package,,,but I need guidance for
this to work with ,, what compile time options should be encouraged
and what should be thrown away.

Your Suggesstions:

--
Nasir Mahmood