Re: [squid-users] Caching requests with parameters in the URL?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 08:32:10 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004, Brian Lalor wrote:

> I think I've figured out the problem; I commented out these two lines in
> squid.conf:
>
> acl QUERY urlpath_regex cgi-bin \?
> no_cache deny QUERY

Right. I assumed you had already done this.

> Even when my server was returning headers to allow squid to cache (and proven
> by the cacheability check engine), squid would drop anything with query
> params in the URL, a la
> http://example.com/some_cacheable_resource?not=happy
>
> Now squid seems happy without the acl and no_cache lines. Will this cause
> other problems?

The above lines is in the default config mainly to limit the damage caused
by people tweaking their refresh_pattern settings without knowing what
they do. With inappropriate refresh_pattern settings it is relatively easy
to make Squid cache content not having any freshness information such as
is the case for most cgi and other dynamic pages.