[squid-users] multiple connections with failover

From: Daniel Fenert <daniel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 22:01:22 +0200

I have two (for now) internet connections, one is exclusively for www usage,
and the other for everything else.
The problem is that 'www connection' hangs from time to time (usually once a
week). I would like to setup squid for failover operation (when one connection
dies, it should switch to other).
I've tried:
1. Setting outgoing address other than default and then routing it via www
connection, of course no failover here :(
2. Setting other machine (or other squid process on the same machine) and
using it as parent proxy for main squid. Not really failover, but with some
scripting usually works OK (cutting off parent squid when connection goes
down).

What is the best way to solve this problem?
If it is possible, I would like to see one squid on one machine only :)

Every hint appreciated.

--
Daniel Fenert                 --==> daniel@fenert.net <==--