Re: [squid-users] room for improvement in my proxy architecture

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 00:08:43 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004, Gaylord Van Brocklin wrote:

> One problem that I have had in the past with load balancing between the two
> AV servers is that the destination web servers see the traffic coming from
> two different IP addresses so some session based websites (things like Cox
> Webmail) don't work properly.

One simple solution to this is to place a NAT gateway infront of the proxy
servers, natting all requests to the same source IP regardless which proxy
was used.

It is quite likely your existing network already is NAT capable, just
waiting for you to start using the features of your network equipment.