Re: [squid-users] Raid0

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 21:17:37 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004, BusyBoy wrote:

> like I have two drives with mount points as
>
> /cacheA --------> SCSI
> /cacheB --------> SCSI
>
> and I want to use them separately, What you suggest would be better
> way to utlize these two SCSI's,, as currently a cache already setup in
> this manner is creating problem with RAID(?). and I have to check it
> at regular times manually for the squid program to work properly.

Sorry, I do not understand. Is your system already correctly setup
mounting each drive separately, or are you using an incorrect setup based
on RAID?

> mostly getting error's like
>
> clientReadRequest: FD 134 Invalid Request

> and
>
> Config 'request_header_max_size'= 10240 bytes.
> Request header is too large (11680 bytes)

These two quite likely belongs together.

You have a client sending crap to Squid, and Squid disliking the crap sent
by the client.

> some times a WARNING : Your Cache is out of File descriptors
>
> and squid stops accepting connections.

See the FAQ on this issue.

But please note that it could also be caused by your Squid simply being
overloaded.

Some basic system monitoring is recommended, in addition to reading the
Squid FAQ.