Re: [squid-users] store.log, store_log.c, storeLog() question

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 16:15:27 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004, OTR Comm wrote:

> Where is it that squid determines the cache directory, subdirectory, and
> filename to store a cache file?

See fs/ufs/store_dir_ufs.c

> I see in storeLog() where e->swap_dirn and e->swap_filen are written to
> store.log, but e->swap_dirn doesn't give me the directory/subdirectory.

swap_filen gives you the cache file number, which is directly mapped to
director/subdirectory by the L1 / L2 parameters of the ufs/aufs/diskd
store implementations.

other implementations may map differently. For example the experimental
coss store maps this to offset in the cache. (there is not
directories/subdirectories in COSS)