[squid-users] reverse proxy with caching and authentication

From: Michiel van Es <michiele@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 15:20:16 +0100

Hi,
is it possible to use a reverse proxy server with authentication?
I've read that you have to recompile this option into Squid.
Why isn't it a default option in Squid?
I do now want to recompile my squid version when there is a security
exploit and rather use the up2date/yum functionallity from WhiteBox/RedHat.
I use WhiteBox Enterprise Linux 3.0 , Squid version:
squid-2.5.STABLE3-6.3E.1

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Michiel