Re: [squid-users] Squid on Astaro as parent

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 00:14:23 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004, B S Srinidhi wrote:

> I need some urgent help. I've to configure a squid box as a sibling to
> another squid box running on Astaro. In the web interface of Astaro,
> there's no option to set the ICP port for Squid.

If you do not have ICP then your only choice is to configure the inner
proxy as a child proxy to the parent (siblings just share cache content,
childs uses a parents to get to the internet)

The FAQ instructions on how to configure Squid inside a firewall should
apply fine to your situation.

> Now the problem with the second one is that, all the requests are
> forwarded to the parent proxy even if that request has been blocked in
> the sibling.

peerings (cache_peer) does not have any impact on access controls
(http_access). Only requests which are allowed in the first place is
forwarded to the parent.