[squid-users] Squid on Astaro as parent

From: B S Srinidhi <srinidhi@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 21:42:47 +0530

Hello Everyone,

I need some urgent help. I've to configure a squid box as a sibling to
another squid box running on Astaro. In the web interface of Astaro,
there's no option to set the ICP port for Squid.

After going through the docs and I tried giving '7' for the icp_port.
But again *I didn't know how* to enable this on the Astaro machine. Then
I tried giving '0' as the ICP port and gave "direct" as the option.

Now the problem with the second one is that, all the requests are
forwarded to the parent proxy even if that request has been blocked in
the sibling.

I've never configured a parent and sibling before. I'm sure that there's
something I've missed. If someone could please point out my mistake or
point me to a step-by-step guide to achieve this parent-sibling
relationship (especially in case of Astaro), I would be obliged.

Thanks in advance,
Srinidhi.

--
B S Srinidhi <srinidhi@deeproot.co.in>