[squid-users] Re: use of remotep roxy for specified domains

From: kavok gabor <picard@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 22:21:43 +0500

Hi all,

im faced by an enigma. I want some sites that are blocked in my country to work and for that i have got a remote proxy server in USA. when i specify that proxy sever in browser then it works fine. Anywys... how can i do that? can someone please tell me the syntax for squid.conf for that. i have tried the following but it doesnt work...

cache_peer x.x.x.x sibling 8080 3130 proxy-only
cache_peer_access x.x.x.x allow all
cache_peer_domain x.x.x.x www.desibaba.com www.net2phone.com www.orsm.net

on remote proxy, should there be anything ? cuz im getting this weird message on remote proxy which is also squid.

1099588631.834 5 x.x.x.x TCP_MISS/404 243 GET http://remote-cache:8080/squid-internal-periodic/store_digest - NONE/- text/plain

thank for the help.

Graffiti.net free e-mail @ www.graffiti.net
Check out our value-added Premium features, such as a 1 GB mailbox for just US$9.95 per year!