[squid-users] Authorization Problem with squid and ActiveDirectory

From: Ronzani Dario <Ronzani.Dario@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 17:49:13 +0100

Hi to all,

Is some day that I try to configure squid to work with my Active
Directory lan, actualy I read a lot of manual (first of all the italian
manual on squid site).

Samba work ok, all test is successfull.
Squid without authentication work fine

The problem is when I try to put in the squid.conf file the following
line:

        external_acl_type wb_group concurrency=5 ttl=900 %LOGIN
/usr/lib/squid/wbinfo_group.pl

        acl password proxy_auth REQUIRED

        http_access allow password

The browser (Iexplore, Firefox for windows and linux, Mozilla for linux)
give me the page:
ERROR
Cache Access Denied

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.cnn.com/

The following error was encountered:

    * Cache Access Denied.

Sorry, you are not currently allowed to request:

    http://www.cnn.com/

So I decide to try also the basic and ncsa autenthication, but no news,
the browser don't ask me for the password and give me directly the error
page.

Have anyone any idea that can help me.
Thanks Dario