Re: [squid-users] Squid returning wrong content

From: Tobias Reckhard <jester71@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 09:28:19 +0100

Hi

Henrik Nordstrom _saved the day again_, when he wrote:
> This configuration is known to cause the problems you describe unless
> Squid is configured with
>
> server_persisten_connections off
>
> This due to a bug in VirusWall

Now why doesn't this surprise (but reassure) me? ;-)

> where it enters tunnel mode on certain
> requests without properly notifying child caches, causing it to send all
> future requests received on the same TCP connection to the same server.

OK, you lost me there, probably because I know too little on the details
of how WWW proxies work. What is tunnel mode? And which component sends
all requests to the same server, Squid or the VirusWall? In the access
log, it looks as if pretty much all requests are for the one server I
originally mentioned. Where does Squid get the URL it puts into the
access log (does it receive it from the upstream proxy)?

Thanks a million already,
Tobias