Re: [squid-users] Squid returning wrong content

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 11:39:56 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004, Tobias Reckhard wrote:

> OK, you lost me there, probably because I know too little on the details of
> how WWW proxies work. What is tunnel mode? And which component sends all
> requests to the same server, Squid or the VirusWall?

The VirusWall.

> In the access log, it looks as if pretty much all requests are for the
> one server I originally mentioned. Where does Squid get the URL it puts
> into the access log (does it receive it from the upstream proxy)?

Squid gets the URL from the browser, and forwards it to the parent.

In this specific case where VirusWall has entered tunnel mode it does not
look at the new URL and simply sends the request to the same server as the
previous request was for, which in many cases is an entirely different
site.