Re: [squid-users] Squid and frontpage

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 16:15:41 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004, Lance Miller wrote:

> I have a customer who trying to publish to a frontpage server out side
> our network and failing with wccp protocol and failing. After turning
> the wccp protocol off frontpage can publish to the site.

Most likely the web server requires NTLM authentication which can not be
proxied.

Have the web server administrator enable support for any of the standard
HTTP authentication mechanisms not violating the HTTP specifications and
things should work better (Basic or Digest authentication).

Another option is to use https.