RE: [squid-users] https problem with squid 2.5.STABLE6

From: Brad Larden <Brad.Larden@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 07:27:26 +1100

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004, Brad Larden wrote:

> When a client requests ANY https:// URL the proxy server fails to respond.
> There is nothing in cache.log and nothing in access.log and the browser (IE) returns a 404 type error.
> - cannot find server or DNS error.

Is the browser configured to use the proxy for https requests?

G'Day Henrik,

yes, the browser is configured to use the proxy for https requests.
The setup was working for over a year without problems, then some time yesterday the 2 proxy servers stopped processing https requests. On my pc here, if I switch to my local test squid proxy https works fine.

Regards,
Brad.