[squid-users] NT User Groups

From: Robert Trouchet <Robert.Trouchet@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 11:18:03 +0800

I have spent time searching archives etc but I still do not understand how
to implement the use of NT groups.

I am using Windows 2000. The Windows version of Squid runs on the server. I
do not run any Linux (or understand Linux). The Windows version is a binary
file downloaded from the Squid website rather than the compile it yourself
version .

I think that the (Win32_check_group text file) may be of some help but I am
not sure. Is it automatically part of Squid or something separate.

What I am hoping is that someone who understands Squid can give me the
additions to my squid.conf file to allow me to do the following. (or simple
directions to what else needs to be done.)

* I have a Domain wide group called NoInternet.

* I want to restrict members of that group from accessing the Internet via
squid.

* They can log on to any machine so limiting by IP address is not an option

* I do not want them to be asked for a password.

 Regards

Bob Trouchet