[squid-users] Windows Update v5 Problem

From: Peter M Roberts <pm.roberts@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 12:12:13 +0800

Hi,

I am running squid version 2.5 on Linux and am using NCSA auth to control www access.

We have some Windows XP workstations which I find can't download updates from the Microsoft sites. I have acls

acl WU1 dstdom_regex -i download.microsoft.com
acl WU1 dstdom_regex -i windowsupdate.com
acl WU1 dstdom_regex -i windowsupdate.microsoft.com

and allow http access to these acls

This is based on information from the Microsoft knowledgebase for IIS authentication problem

Windows update fails?

Could anyone help me round this problem?

Regards