Re: [squid-users] remote attack

From: Ronny <ronny@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 09:27:58 +0300

Right
Well well you can crash anything if you insist all things are possible
with time and ofcourse $$$$ but for squid we the FANS make it fragile
though its a good "redeemer"!!Otherwise you get squid vulnerabilites
when you go to google.com/clusty.com and search.
Otherwise netstat will show you the killer and all will come to normal.
http://www.idefense.com/application/poi/display?id=152&type=vulnerabilities&flashstatus=true

Still
Ronny

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Nov 2004, Costas Zacharopoulos wrote:
>
>> What are the most possible methods that can be used to remotely crash
>> my squid server?
>

> The easiest is connection flooding causing a denial of service
> (everything running, but no clients can connect). This can be mounted
> quite easily on any Internet service with great success.
>
> Regards
> Henrik

  / ''We can't become what we need to be by remaining what we are''\