RE: [squid-users] https problem with squid 2.5.STABLE6

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 08:51:49 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004, Brad Larden wrote:

> Is there a way I can manually craft an https request to the proxy to see if I can find where it's failing ?

The best test is to attempt using another browser such as Mozilla, Firefox
or Opera.

If one one of the browsers show the symptoms it is most likely a browser
issue, possibla caused by a recent OS or browser patch, if all of them
shows the problem then it is a proxy issue.

https request are just CONNECT requests

  CONNECT https://marasystems.com:443/ HTTP/1.0
  [blank line]

and the proxy should respond with