[squid-users] Problems while trying to authenticate using NTML

From: <jamunoz@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 11:49:32 GMT

Hello list,

I just have compiled, configured and get working squid authenticating
against an Active Directory. I have set up what groups or users are
allowed to concrete resources, and is working well.

The tests were done with a Mozilla browser, so everytime I started the
Mozilla I need to put the username/domain/password in the PopUp. But
once I try to do it with Windows the PopUp is still emerging (and yes I
have configured auth_param ntlm options)

Bellow is the captured dialog between the browser and the Squid, you can
see how "Proxy-Authenticate: NTLM" header is showed to the browser, but
it is beneath "Proxy-Authenticate: Basic" header; and I suspect MSIE so
can't handle the NTLM one.

Do you know if its possible to change the order that is shown the
Proxy-Authenticate headers??

GET http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir.dll?prd=ie&pver=6&ar=msnhome
HTTP/1.1
Accept: */*
Host: www.microsoft.com
Proxy-Connection: Keep-Alive
Cookie: MC1=GUID=272912df2048ef4c95f806c79e6d07ad&HASH=df12&LV=200411&V=3

HTTP/1.0 407 Proxy Authentication Required
Server: squid/2.5.STABLE7