[squid-users] Zero Sized Reply with Exchange OWA and AOL Webmail.

From: Michael Wray <mwray@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 12:15:23 -0600

This is a normal proxy running in Transparent mode.

I have 3 proxy servers with this issue, 2 are squid-2.5stable3 and 1 is
squid-2.5stable7
The configs are all identical except for the IP range acls.
Supposeldy upgrading to 2.5stable4 or higher will fix the issue. (Yes there
are Cisco PIX firewalls in the mix.)

Ive done the following:
Delete or rename your cookie file and configure your browser to prompt you
before accepting any new cookies.
Disable HTTP persistent connections with the server_persistent_connections
and client_persistent_connections directives.
Disable any advanced TCP features on the Squid system. Disable ECN on Linux
with echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn/.

I don't have access at the moment to get the logfiles or full
configs...hopefully I can get those this afternoon. I'm not sure if I can
get a tcpdump as its my clients network, and I have extremely limited
access.

But I do have a question, is there a list of settings for FreeBSD that need
to be changed ala the ECN issue mentioned for linux. (FreeBSD 5.2)

Michael Wray
S4F Technologies, Inc.
2448 S. 81st St.
Tulsa, OK 74137