[squid-users] Squid + Samba + AD "Cache Access Denied"

From: Jason Oakley <Jason.Oakley@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 09:25:18 +1100

I have Squid set up to auth proxy usage via AD.

If I go to my webmail site (with Firefox) which runs off port 2095 on Horde I get:

----------------------------

ERROR
Cache Access Denied

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.zigzagsoft.com:2095/
The following error was encountered:
· Cache Access Denied.
Sorry, you are not currently allowed to request:
    http://www.zigzagsoft.com:2095/
from this cache until you have authenticated yourself.
You need to use Netscape version 2.0 or greater, or Microsoft Internet Explorer 3.0, or an HTTP/1.1 compliant browser for this to work. Please contact the cache administrator if you have difficulties authenticating yourself or change your default password.

Generated Wed, 10 Nov 2004 23:09:48 GMT by eclipse.cellularone.com.au (squid/2.5.STABLE7)
----------------------------

If I hit REFRESH in the browser, I get straight in. So, it doesn't appear to be a misconfiguration.

Any clues?

Jason Oakley
Robina Helpdesk
AAPT Limited
Ph: 07 5562 4359

Jason.Oakley@aapt.com.au

This communication, including any attachments, is confidential. If
 you are not the intended recipient, you should not read it - please
 contact me immediately, destroy it, and do not copy or use any part of
 this communication or disclose anything about it.