[squid-users] Internet Explorer problems

From: Jason Oakley <Jason.Oakley@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 09:25:09 +1100

I have some password-protected pages (using htaccess).

If I use Internet Explorer to go to this page, I can type in my username and password fine but then Internet Explorer can take up to 10 minutes or more to bring up the page once I have authenticated.

If I use Firefox, the page comes up instantaneously.

If I change the proxy to another server which has no authentication on it, I can get to the page instantaneously with IE and Firefox.

My Squid server auths to AD through Samba.

Jason Oakley
Robina Helpdesk
AAPT Limited
Ph: 07 5562 4359

Jason.Oakley@aapt.com.au

This communication, including any attachments, is confidential. If
 you are not the intended recipient, you should not read it - please
 contact me immediately, destroy it, and do not copy or use any part of
 this communication or disclose anything about it.