[squid-users] Purge utils

From: Kvetch <kvetch@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 11:24:00 -0500

Hello, I am using squid as a reverse proxy to an app server running
Apache. I am also using Squirm to correctly handle different domain
calls. Currently we are using an old version of squid on an old HP-UX
box and an we had a perl script that cleared the cache for us when a
site needed to be updated. The script, which I can't remember now but
I believe we got it from http://www.wa.apana.org.au/~dean/squidpurge,
it allowed us to Purge the cache for a particular page by doing
something similar to this
# ./purge_cache.pl page2 - this would allow us to clear any piece of
cache that the url had page2 in it.

We are moving our squid servers to Linux and using the RedHat Squid
rpm -squid-2.5.STABLE3-6.3E.1. Not sure why but I can't get this perl
script working properly this new machine. What do you guys use to
clear the cache on stuff? I saw a newer Purge script on the
squidpurge site but that one does not appear to be working properly
for me either.
The command I am using to purge my cache for a particular page using
the newer purge script is
./purge -c "/etc/squid/squid.conf" -p 123.123.123.12:80 -e se "page2"
I see in my logs a PURGE on this page but I get a TCP_DENIED:NONE. If
I view page2 after the Purge was issued I see the logs report a
TCP_HIT:NONE, meaning it is still in cache. Wouldn't I get a
TCP_MISS:DIRECT if it was purged from cache.

Does anyone know the correct way to do this type of purging or know of
any utilities that can help me?

Thanks,
Nick