[squid-users] Squid and Netcache NetApp

From: Moacyr Leite da Silva <moacyrs@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 14:29:36 -0200

Hi there,

I would appreciate some help with this case.

I am having problems with one Squid Proxy that is behind NetCache NetApp
using Tranparent Proxy. For websites where using javascript the connection
with Squid are extremely slow. For the other sites is normal.

I am using Fedora Core 2, all "yum"ed (updated), acctually I tryed many
versions of Squid with no luck. If I put one IPCOP box it runs ok. If i
disable Squid Proxy it runs ok.

Using www.showmyip.com I can see that always the connection is passing via
NetCache NetApp.

the version o Squid in IPCOP is Squid-2.5-Stable6.

I also tryed to upgrade to the same version of Fedora Core 3

The only thing that is different from IPCOP is the kernel version that runs
in 2.4.x series.

Many tests with firewall down, squid ACL off, etc.

I did tests with Squid in 8080 and 3128 tcp ports, only http_access allow
all...

Searched the FAQ, Google, and so on...

The connection is with Cable-Modem Broadband ISP, but they refuse to remove
Transparent Proxy even for test.

The enviroment

# rpm -q squid kernel iptables
squid-2.5.STABLE6-3
kernel-2.6.8-1.521
iptables-1.2.9-2.3.1

uname -a
Linux mail.XXXXXXXXXX.com.br 2.6.8-1.521 #1 Mon Aug 16 09:01:18 EDT 2004
i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

# squidclient -p 8080 http://www.fazenda.gov.br
HTTP/1.0 200 OK