Re: [squid-users] Squid + Active Directory

From: Edson Omori <edson_revide@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 17:56:08 -0300 (ART)

Thanks for the information.

I'm thinking about how am I going to deal with ACL's,
once I have configured the ntlm_auth helper.

I tested the MSNT module to connect the Squid 2.5 with
the Windows 2000 Active Directory, it works fine, but
when I create the Squid ACL's I have to specify the
users manually, for example:

acl foo proxy_auth lisa sarah frank joe
acl bar proxy_auth john rita mary

In a large network with hundreds of Active Directory
users, it will require a lot of administrative effort.

If I use the "ntlm_auth helper" that comes with Samba
3.0, there will be a way to specify an Active
Directory group container in an ACL, instead of typing
the user names ???

Thanks,
Edson

 --- Diego Woitasen <diegows@linux.org.ar> escreveu:

> Use the ntlm_auth helper that comes with winbindd
> for that. See authentication section of Squid's FAQ
for more info.