Re: [squid-users] cache_dir slection criteria

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 21:26:14 +0100

On 24.11 18:58, marc elsen wrote:
> There is a parameter called
>
> store_dir_selection_algorithm
>
> in squid.conf.default , if I remember its name correctly.
> Check it out, by reading the comment.

the comment is not 100% clear. Does squid measure the disk speed (latency)
or just number of requests?

in the first case, it would happen that 5X faster disk would get 5X more
requests, not taking whole capacity...

I was thinking about configuring slower disk for larger files, while
letting squid store small files only on the faster disk - that should do
it. But I should probably check the sources :)