RE: [squid-users] Proxy Benchmarks

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 10:10:56 -0900

For my own experience with Squid benchmarking, I used polygraph. I could
not get it to compile on RedHat FC1, so I imaged a couple of boxes with
RedHat 9. You don't need to involve your Squid cache at all in the
compilation process. Just grab some surplus hardware (it doesn't take much
to generate lots of traffic), and make a client and a server. If you are
feeling really lazy, I imagine that you could put the client and server
program on the same machine. I don't know what that will do to the
results...

I was just looking for a simple load test (I was trouble shooting a CPU
usage issue), so I used the conf file from
http://www.squid-cache.org/Benchmarking/Surrogate07/.

There's no better benchmark than real users.

Chris