RE: [squid-users] Proxy Benchmarks

From: Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 11:02:16 +0800

On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 03:10, Chris Robertson wrote:
> For my own experience with Squid benchmarking, I used polygraph.

That was the program I was seeing on the net. The squid box does not
even have GCC installed!

> I could
> not get it to compile on RedHat FC1, so I imaged a couple of boxes with
> RedHat 9.
So, it will compile on RH9? Do you have a spec file?? hehe..

> I was just looking for a simple load test (I was trouble shooting a CPU
> usage issue), so I used the conf file from
> http://www.squid-cache.org/Benchmarking/Surrogate07/.

Thanks for tips

> There's no better benchmark than real users.

I understand, but better not to risk it not_being_able to withstand the
grunt.

Do you have any experience with load_balance??

--
Ow Mun Heng
Gentoo/Linux on D600 1.4Ghz