Re: [squid-users] Failover & Load Balance

From: Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 11:08:41 +0800

On Mon, 2004-11-29 at 23:10, Andrew Sawyers wrote:
> Ow Mun Heng wrote:
> > Can Hearbeat work for remote squids? I'm researching for fail-over and
> > high availablity for squid running in remote locations.
>
> I run my heartbeat connections via crossover cables directly into second
> interfaces. You don't want latency creeping up and causing problems. I
> wouldn't recommend this....though, theorhetically it would work.

In theory.. I think I need to experiment on this then.

Seeing that you're a sys-admin for managed hosting, do you have any tips
on load-balance for multiple thousands of squid users?

What's the likelihood that squid will fail and then users are left w/o
any I-net connections?

--
Ow Mun Heng
Gentoo/Linux on D600 1.4Ghz