[squid-users] Cache Swap Directory

From: Michael Hopkins <Michael_Hopkins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 12:29:10 +1000

Hi

I have a fresh squid install setup but when I type:

cd /usr/local/squid/sbin
squid -z

It says it is creating the swap directories but does not do so. When you go that directory it is empty. The command I have in the squid.conf is:

cache_dir ufs /squidcache/ 100 16 256

I have tried alternate directories and have changed ownership of this directory to and from root to the specified user but the same occurs. This directory does exist!
Any ideas?

Kind Regards

Michael Hopkins
Gateway Services
Ph 1800 198 175

This email, including any attachments sent with it, is confidential and for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). This confidentiality is not waived or lost, if you receive it and you are not the intended recipient(s), or if it is transmitted/received in error.

Any unauthorised use, alteration, disclosure, distribution or review of this email is prohibited. It may be subject to a statutory duty of confidentiality if it relates to health service matters.

If you are not the intended recipient(s), or if you have received this email in error, you are asked to immediately notify the sender by telephone or by return email. You should also delete this email and destroy any hard copies produced.