Re: [squid-users] can't find the tag "authenticate_options" in squid.conf

From: Oliver Hookins <oliver@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 13:05:08 +1100

Hi Yong,

I believe authenticate_program and associated options were in 2.4 and
auth_param and its associated options are in 2.5. At least that's what I
encountered.

Regards,
Oliver

Yong Bong Fong wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I tried to set up LDAP authentication for my squid, found a useful
> example from a site that stated:
>
> |*authenticate_program /usr/local/squid/bin/ldap_auth
> authenticate_options ldap.yourdomain.com 389 dc=yourdomain,dc=com uid
> authenticate_children 2
> *I have found the tag authenticate_program in my webmin and squid.conf,
> its called auth_param in my squid.conf. But can't find the second tag
> "authenticate_options" from webmin and squid.conf.
>
> My system administrastor gave me the cn and dc of the LDAP server he
> sets up.
>
> I have configured by webmin Basic authentication program
> /usr/lib/squid/squid_ldap_auth
> and also have configured the ACLs.
>
> If I am not mistaken, the only left part is the cn, dc , where should I
> place those information?
>
> Thanks for helping!

This communication is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking any action in reliance on, this communication by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. Exhibition IT Services Pty LTD makes no express or implied representation or warranty that this electronic communication or any attachment is free from computer viruses or other defects or conditions which could damage or interfere with the recipients data, hardware or software. This communication and any attachment may have been modified or otherwise interfered with in the course of transmission.