[squid-users] Compiling Squid and Linux Red Hat

From: THBOY <bigthboy@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 10:21:03 -0600

I'm currently a student working on making a web cache off of Linux Red
Hat for my school. I've been messing around with squid for a bit and
nothing has worked. I've got the source for their latest release and
I'm not really sure how I'm supposed to compile it. The guide tells me
to run ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/squid after I've extraced the
source to /usr/local/squid/src which I have done. However, the shell
comes back and tells me that the directory ./configure does not exist.
I'm running Linux Red Hat 9.0

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help with this problem.