Re: Re: [squid-users] Windows Update Parent Cache Problem

From: Martin Loehnertz <public@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 20:51:06 +0100

> > Now the funny part: If I copy the URL WU requested from squid's
>> access.conf and enter it into my browser on the Mac,
>> the file starts to download. Now i kick WU again and it works - and
>> keeps working for this file even after canceling the browser request.
>>
>> Some ideas ?
>
>Do you mean after canceling the browser request in mac?
>
>Venkatesh K

Yes. I start the request on the mac (using safari) and wait 10
seconds. Then I ask WU to download/install the file on Windows. It
starts downloading (this doesn't work without the previous mac
action). Then I cancel
the request on the mac (at about 25 %) and Windows happily continues
to download and install the whole file. (BTW. I mean access.log not
access.conf)

ML