[squid-users] Specify parent outside of squid.conf?

From: Steve Snyder <swsnyder@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 08:03:26 -0500

I am running Squid (2.5S7, on FC2 Linux) on a notebook machine, a machine
which is used on several networks. One of these networks requires me to
use a parent proxy for Internet access. Is it possible to specify the
parent proxy, if any, outside the squid.conf config file?

Basically I'd like to avoid having to edit the config file depending on
the network connected to. Ideally I could specify it via environment
variable, but an option on the squid command line would do too.

Thanks.