RE: [squid-users] Specify parent outside of squid.conf?

From: Armin Marxer <arminm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 15:08:48 +0200

> I am running Squid (2.5S7, on FC2 Linux) on a notebook machine, a machine
> which is used on several networks. One of these networks requires me to
> use a parent proxy for Internet access. Is it possible to specify the
> parent proxy, if any, outside the squid.conf config file?
>
> Basically I'd like to avoid having to edit the config file depending on
> the network connected to. Ideally I could specify it via environment
> variable, but an option on the squid command line would do too.

You could run multiple squid.conf's and depending on which network you were
on, start squid up with the correct squid.conf file. Check out the FAQ on
squid's command-line options.

Important Notice:
Authorised Financial Services Provider

Important restrictions, qualifications and disclaimers
("the Disclaimer") apply to this email. To read this click on the
following address or copy into your Internet browser:

http://www.absa.co.za/ABSA/EMail_Disclaimer

The Disclaimer forms part of the content of this email in terms of
section 11 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions
Act, 25 of 2002.

If you are unable to access the Disclaimer, send a blank e-mail
to disclaimer@absa.co.za and we will send you a copy of the
Disclaimer.