[squid-users] Re: my login kept replying with "ERR", is it something to do with squid_ldap_auth.c?

From: Adam Aube <aaube01@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 09:38:27 -0500

Yong Bong Fong wrote:

> I am having trouble getting pass a login prompt. It just keep giving
> me ERR.

Then the LDAP settings you are telling the program to use are probably
incorrect.

> Somewhere in the archive, i read that Henrik mentioned that we need to
> modifythe "squid_ldap_auth.c file. However I searched through the
> internet and read the instructions about setting up squid_ldap_auth
> hardly anyone mentioned about "squid_ldap_auth.c".

It is included in the Squid sources, somewhere under the "helpers" directory
(I don't have a Squid source tree handy to check the exact location).

> I am wondering if my login failure is because I missed that part to deal
> with "squid_ldap_auth.c" ?

Probably not.

> I can bind and search users with ldapsearch without problem, just cannot
> get pass the login prompt after typing in login name and password.

So you can bind with ldapsearch, but giving the same parameters to
squid_ldap_auth fails? Could you post the commands and output from your
shell showing this?

Adam