[squid-users] my login kept replying with "ERR", is it something to do with squid_ldap_auth.c?

From: Yong Bong Fong <bfyong@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 11:06:45 +0800

Hello,

   I am having trouble getting pass a login prompt. It just keep giving
me ERR.
Somewhere in the archive, i read that Henrik mentioned that we need to
modifythe "squid_ldap_auth.c file. However I searched through the
internet and read the instructions about setting up squid_ldap_auth
hardly anyone mentioned about "squid_ldap_auth.c". I am wondering if my
login failure is because I missed that part to deal with
"squid_ldap_auth.c" ?
where exactly in the directory is squid_ldap_auth.c stored? I canot find
the file with locate or find command.

I read from the archive someone called Shahin Hacikuliev faced similar
problem too with his login keep producing ERR. But the replies he got
was not quite related to his question.

I can bind and search users with ldapsearch without problem, just cannot
get pass the login prompt after typing in login name and password.

Where are the possible errors of my work?

Thanks all,

regards
yong